Welcome to the Carbone Clinic
****Carbone Clinic Data Sheets are in Resources Tab****
Thank you for your interest in the Carbone Clinic and our services. We have been providing quality applied behavior analysis (ABA) services to persons with autism and related disabilities for many years. Since June of 2003, we expanded our services to better meet the needs of those we serve through a center-based clinic program located 20 miles north of New York City in Rockland County, NY.
In our 7500 square foot clinic our 10 instructors and 2 classroom supervisors, under the watch of Dr. Carbone, provide daily instruction to about 40 learners with autism and other disabilities. In this space we also conduct individual assessments, present seminars, and provide offices for our OutReach consultants. For a more thorough explanation of these services select the Services tab on this menu.
Our mission is to provide evidence-based behavior analytic services to learners with autism and other developmental disabilities through direct services and training of family members and educators. We accomplish this by insuring that the learner’s progress occurs through the arrangement of teaching environments which are mostly positive and arranged to ultimately allow the learner to continue to develop language and other skills in typical community and family settings.
1. Every learner has the potential to develop skills beyond their current level and should be free of behaviors and activities that cause injury, pain, or limit opportunities for full community involvement.
2. Communication skills and other skills that lead to rewarding personal relationships, well being, vocational productivity, and self-determined daily activities should be targeted.
3. Reliance on the evidenced-based literature of the science of applied behavior analysis and its underlying assumptions will lead to the best possible learner outcomes.
4. Functional communication is the foundation that supports the development of skills in all areas and therefore B.F. Skinner’s analysis of verbal behavior and the supporting empirical work informs our treatment and instructional recommendations.
5. Reliable data which are gathered and analyzed on a schedule sufficient to make informed decisions is necessary to achieve the best outcomes for our learners.